The Trick To Completely Eradicating Bed Bugs In Gilbert Homes
January 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Most of us consider our bed to be a sacred place. A place we go to rest and to feel safe and most of us prefer to wear clean clothes when we pull the covers over ourselves at the end of a long day. That’s why there’s nothing so shiver-inducing as the sight of a bed bug — or many bed bugs. These flat, oval-shaped insects resemble apple seeds but feed solely on blood. Human blood is their favorite, and bed bugs feed on humans while they sleep. It is also possible to be allergic to their saliva. In this case, the bites left by bed bugs will turn into red, itchy welts, which are made worse by incessant scratching.
The idea of bugs in our bed (or anywhere in our homes) is usually enough to get people to want to seek professional help exterminating and preventing such a disgusting infestation. However, a lot of people will mistakenly try their hand at DIY bed bug control methods first, which unfortunately does nothing to eradicate the infestation, while the population of bed bugs in your mattress and box spring only grows.
Why Insecticides From Big Box Stores Don’t Work
Your first instinct might be to rush to the nearest store and grab an insecticide or two. Here are some reasons why that will not be effective:
- You must know where every single bed bug is located. In order to effectively treat bed bug infestations, you must be able to exterminate every single individual with that insecticide, otherwise, it will not work.
- Bed bugs are resilient. Like cockroaches, bed bugs are difficult to kill, and store-bought insecticides are often ineffective.
- You have to treat more than just your mattress. Bed bugs can set up shop in multiple places in your home, not just your bed. You would have to treat your entire home, as well as linens and clothing.
- Bed bugs reproduce quickly. By the time you are able to treat everything you own, it’s possible that the one bed bug you may have missed has already reproduced, and within a few months, those offspring are reproducing, causing the infestation to be never-ending, no matter what insecticide you used.
But What About DIY Methods?
A quick search online will produce a massive list of possible DIY methods to remove bed bugs on your own. Here are some common DIY recommendations, and why they don’t work:
- Rubbing alcohol: This depends greatly on the alcohol percentage, and studies show that half the bed bugs that are sprayed with this survive.
- Tea tree oil: Every individual insect would need to be drowned in it, and anything other than undiluted tea tree oil is harmful to both humans and pets.
- Talcum powder: There is no evidence that this is effective in killing bed bugs efficiently.
- Baking soda: Just like talcum powder, there is no evidence that baking soda is an effective bed bug killer.
What To Do When You Have A Bed Bug Infestation
If you are in need of bed bug pest control in Gilbert, AZ, call What’s Bugging You Pest Control immediately! We have 15 years of expert experience in the pest control industry and have proven bed bug control treatments that effectively eliminate an entire infestation. Our mission is to attack the root of the invasion, ensuring that the pest does not return — and that is what separates a professional bed bug pest control experience from all the DIY methods one could try themselves.
There is nothing worse than not being able to rest safely in your own bed. Avoid all the frustration and sleepless nights by calling What’s Bugging You Pest Control today — let the experts have your back with the most effective bed bug pest control in Gilbert.