The Best Way To Get Rid Of American Cockroaches In Your Gilbert Home
December 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you've got a cockroach infestation, you need to call a Gilbert pest control agency such as What's Bugging You Pest Control. We can help you eradicate any pests that may have moved into your home. That includes cockroaches.
How To Identify An American Cockroach
American cockroaches are fairly easy to identify. They're two to three inches long, reddish-brown, and have a tan figure eight on the top of their heads. They're the largest cockroach breed that infests homes in the United States.
While they usually don't make use of their wings, you may find an American cockroach flying in your home. When they start from somewhere higher up, such as a kitchen counter, these roaches can glide a fair distance.
American Cockroach Infestations Are A Major Health Risk
One common question we get from homeowners is, "Is cockroach poop dangerous?" The short answer is, yes, it is. Cockroaches in Gilbert are known to carry 33 types of bacteria, which are secreted in their feces. They then walk through their feces, smearing it on walls and counters, spreading diseases as they go. Here are a few of the illnesses American cockroaches are known to pass on to humans:
- Typhoid fever
- E. coli Infection
Cockroaches can also set off asthma attacks and allergic reactions, especially in kids. Between their poop and their pheromones, cockroaches are truly hazardous to your health.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of American Cockroaches
If you're wondering how to kill American cockroaches in Gilbert, there are a few different things you could try. The first to try is bait traps around your house, in whatever rooms the cockroaches are living inside. Put them on the floor, flush against the wall, since that's where most roaches walk. Cockroaches will die from eating the bait and kill other roaches who walk through their feces or sputum.
However, if you're wondering, "What is the best way to get rid of cockroaches?" The answer is to call in the professionals. Pest control in Gilbert is the simplest, most effective way to eradicate your cockroach problem. What's Bugging You Pest Control technicians have been working in pest control since 2005 and bring all those years of knowledge and experience to bear for your cockroach infestation.
Five Simple Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Problems
While professional control is the best way to deal with an existing infestation, there are several steps you can take to prevent future cockroaches from moving in with you. Here are five simple do's and don'ts for you to follow.
- Don't let food sit out. That includes pet food and food on dirty dishes. American cockroaches are attracted to your food, so you should wash your dishes promptly and put your pet's food away for the night after its evening meal.
- Do store food in airtight containers. Cockroaches can chew through things like bread bags and cardboard boxes. If they smell food, they'll do anything to get at it. Keeping your food in airtight containers doesn't let cockroaches smell the food, making them less likely to come inside.
- Don't forget that cockroaches can come up through dry sinks or bathroom drains. If you have guest bathrooms that don't get a lot of use, go in and run water occasionally to prevent cockroaches from using these drains as an access point for your home.
- Do use dehumidifiers throughout your home, but especially in your kitchen and bathrooms, to lower the humidity in your house. Cockroaches are attracted to warm, humid environments. Decreasing the humidity level makes your home less appealing to these pests.
- Don't let your home get too cluttered. Cockroaches gravitate toward clutter, such as newspapers, cardboard boxes, and stacks of paper. Declutter as much as you can to make your home less hospitable to cockroaches.
American cockroaches can be big and scary looking. However, we have the means to get them out of your home for good. At What's Bugging You Pest Control, we stop what bugs you. That includes American cockroaches. Call us today for a free estimate, and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Gilbert. Let us STOP what's bugging you!