Rodent Control Guide For Gilbert Homeowners
May 15, 2022 - Rodents
When you think of Gilbert, AZ, the first thing that comes to mind is usually the beautiful weather. The sun shines nearly every day, and the temperatures are mild, making it a great place to live.
However, other creatures love Gilbert just as much as humans—rodents. These pests can be found all over the city, and they can cause a lot of damage. If you have a problem with these pests on your property, it's essential to take action quickly. Get in touch with a licensed Gilbert pest control firm near you to get rid of rodents on your property.
The Best Way To Identify A Rodent Problem
As earlier stated, multiple types of rodents can infest Gilbert's properties. These common rodents include:
- Bark scorpions
So, how do you know if you have a rodent problem?
- Seeing the rodents themselves is the best way to identify a rodent problem. You may see rats running along the power lines or in your backyard, or you may see mice inside your house.
- You can hear scratching or squeaking noises in the walls or ceilings, which rodents make as they move around.
- Droppings and urine can also be signs of a rodent infestation.
If you see any of these signs, it's essential to take action right away. Contact a licensed pest control firm to have your property inspected and treated.
Why Rodents Are In Your Home
While some rodents may seem cute, you don't want them gaining access to your home without your permission. Rodents can cause a great deal of damage to your property, and they can also carry diseases that may prove hazardous for you and your family. Most of the common rodents come into homes for several reasons. Including:
- Food: Rodents love to snack on our food. If you have pet food or a fruit tree in your yard, the rodents may be coming for this reason.
- Shelter: Rats and mice can nest inside the walls of your home in search of shelter, especially if they get access through small holes in the exterior. They'll also invade attics and garages to remain protected from the elements.
- Warmth: Rodents are cold-blooded, so they move into our homes if it is too cold outside. If you have a rodent infestation in your home, the chances are that the weather has been colder than usual lately.
- Water: If there's a water leak in your home, it can attract rodents. They'll also drink any water left out for pets or plants.
Don't let your fear of rodents keep you from enjoying all that Gilbert has to offer. If you're having a problem with rodents, contact a licensed pest control contractor for assistance.
Practical Ways To Get Rid Of Rodents
There are many kinds of rodents, and each one requires a different approach to get rid of them. However, there are a few things you can do to limit the possibility of having these pests from getting into your home. Such as:
- Store away all your food, including pet food, safely
- Seal up any cracks or holes in the exterior of your home
- Remove any potential water sources, such as leaky pipes or pet water dishes
- Tightly close all garbage cans
- Install metal screens over the vents of your home
These are just a few examples, and there are many more ways to protect your property from rodents. If you're having a problem with common rodents in Gilbert and would like more advice, contact a licensed pest exterminator.
Partner With What's Bugging You Pest Control To Keep Rodents Out
Despite rodents being persistent creatures, implementing the tips offered above and hiring an experienced pest control company can help limit or prevent them from getting onto your property.
What's Bugging You Pest Control is here to help—we specialize in getting rid of all sorts of rodents in Gilbert. Our exterminators are experienced and knowledgeable, so we can help you eliminate any rodents that may be plaguing your home or business.
Contact us today for a free consultation.